On Sunday 10th May, Boris Johnson announced tweaks to the COVID–19 rules. The social distancing message remains crucial, everywhere, but fishing is permitted in England from Wednesday 13th May. As such, we have restocked Haywards Farm Lake and have reopened for fishing on a trial basis.
It is imperative that the strict social distancing measures continue to be adhered to and that all Government guidance is followed. We must all stick to the rules and act as ambassadors for our sport.
TO FISH AT HAYWARDS FARM LAKE FROM WEDNESDAY 13TH MAY
- A maximum of 10 fishers are permitted per day.
- You may book your fishing up to a week in advance, and at the very least the day before, by calling 0118 930 3860.
- Payment is by credit or debit card over the telephone and we are unable to process refunds, unless we have to close the fishery. Fishery ticket prices may be found HERE
- The fishery will open daily at 9am and gates will be closed at 7pm.
- You must park safely and allow a minimum distance of at least 3m between other vehicles to allow for social distancing.
- You must ensure social distancing of at least 15m while you fish and not engage with other fishers or bailiffs.
- No boats or fishing tackle are available for hire.
- The shop and fishery lodge remain closed, as do Kingfisher Pond and Hobby Lake. Casting platforms are out of bounds.
- Bailiffs will be on site, safely checking fishers‘ credentials. Any fishers not adhering to the rules will be required to leave.
- We reserve the right to close the lake to fishing at any time.
- Please check the Sportfish Game Fishing Centre website regularly for fishery updates.
- Catch returns and fishing reports are welcomed and may be left on our Facebook page HERE>>
- The Angling Trust has issued comprehensive guidance for angling during the COVID–19 pandemic, this is highlighted below: