For the well-being of both our fish and our anglers we do have a number of rules that we ask you to adhere to when fishing at the Sportfish Game Fishing Centre. If in any doubt please ask a member of the shop team or one of the fishery bailiffs.
All fish must be kept until bag limit is met, only then can catch and release begin. Anglers not adhering to this rule will be asked to leave the fishery.
Haywards Farm Lake
- All tickets must be purchased before you commence fishing.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- All anglers mush possess a valid EA rod licence.
- Fly fishing only.
- Up to two flies may be used at any one time.
- Minimum leader breaking strain 6lb.
- A maximum of one brown trout to be retained per bag limit.
- Anglers fishing catch and release must use a barbless (or crushed barb) hook and fish must not be removed from the water.
- All anglers must carry a landing net and priest.
- All anglers must complete and submit a catch return form, including nil returns, and post them in one of the boxes provided. A monthly draw of completed returns will be made, with the winner receiving a free day’s fishing.
- Knee boots only if wading.
- The tuition platforms are out of bounds at all times.
- Life jackets must be worn at all times (as per fishery risk assessment).
- All boats must be moored to the fixed buoys, no drifting.
- Flies must be removed from the water if moving between mooring points.
- Please ensure that all litter and fishing tackle is removed when you return your boat at the end of your session
- Lifejackets must be worn at all times when boat fishing.
- Anglers may not use boats while under the influence of alcohol.
- There is no catch and release on Hobby Lake. The bag limit is four fish per angler.
- Please ensure that all litter and fishing tackle is removed when you return your boat at the end of your session.