For the well-being of both our fish and our anglers we do have a number of rules that we ask you to adhere to when fishing at the Sportfish Game Fishing Centre. If in any doubt please ask a member of the shop team or one of the fishery bailiffs.
Please note that COVID–19 rules currently apply at the fishery, these are highlighted below and MUST be adhered to at all times.
All fish must be kept until bag limit is met, only then can catch and release begin. Anglers not adhering to this rule will be asked to leave the fishery.
Haywards Farm Lake
- All tickets must be purchased before you commence fishing.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- All anglers mush possess a valid EA rod licence.
- Fly fishing only.
- Up to two flies may be used at any one time.
- Minimum leader breaking strain 6lb.
- Anglers fishing catch and release must use a barbless (or crushed barb) hook and fish must not be removed from the water.
- All anglers must carry a landing net and priest.
- All anglers must complete a catch return, including nil returns, and post it in one of the boxes provided.
- Wading is permitted at your own risk, a lifejacket should be worn in water above knee height.
- The tuition platforms are out of bounds at all times.
- Lifejackets must be worn at all times (as per fishery risk assessment).
- All boats must be moored to the fixed buoys, no drifting.
- Flies must be removed from the water if moving between mooring points.
- Please ensure that all litter and fishing tackle is removed when you return your boat at the end of your session
- Lifejackets must be worn at all times when boat fishing.
Anglers may not use boats while under the influence of alcohol.
- There is no catch and release on Hobby Lake. The bag limit is four fish per angler.
- Please ensure that all litter and fishing tackle is removed when you return your boat at the end of your session.
TO FISH AT HAYWARDS FARM LAKE DURING COVID RESTRICTIONS
- A maximum of 15 fishers are permitted per day.
- You may book your fishing up to a week in advance, and at the very least the day before, by calling us on 0118 930 3860 from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Weekend fishing must be booked Monday to Friday and all tickets will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Payment is by credit or debit card over the telephone and we are unable to process refunds, unless we have to close the fishery.
- The fishery will open daily at 9am and gates will be closed at 5pm.
- You must park safely and allow a minimum distance of at least 3m between other vehicles to allow for social distancing.
- You must ensure social distancing of at least 15m while you fish and not engage with other fishers or bailiffs.
- No boats or fishing tackle are available for hire.
- The fishery lodge remains closed, as do Kingfisher Pond and Hobby Lake.
- Bailiffs will be on site, safely checking fishers‘ credentials. Any fishers not adhering to the rules will be required to leave.
- We reserve the right to close the lake to fishing at any time.
- Please check the Sportfish Game Fishing Centre website regularly for fishery updates.
- The Angling Trust has issued comprehensive guidance for angling during the COVID–19 pandemic, this may be accessed at www.anglingtrust.net